Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm home

And so, with the unexpected twist of fate and unforeseen circumstances that occurred some time ago, I decided to cut short my medical elective in Trivandrum and re-organize it in Singaland instead.

Nothing beats home sweet home......

Its been a week so far, being posted to Dr Richard Toh's private General Practitioner clinic at Tiong Bahru shopping mall. Uncle Richard, as I affectionately prefer to address him, is a wonderful teacher and dedicated doctor. I'm so lucky to have him as my mentor and teacher! He enjoys teaching, as seen by his patience in explaining case histories and clinical findings to irritatingly inquisitive students like me. In fact, I honestly felt that the short span of 1 week spent at his clinic was effectively more enriching and productive than the whole year of allocated GP postings during 3rd year!

So maybe coming back home to do the rest of the elective was not such a bad idea after all....

I've managed to catch up with my wee brother before he scoots off to Perth
I'm able to squeeze in more time for latin ballroom dancing lessons whilst I can
I'm also able to attend more weekly cell group meetings organized by Dilane & others
but most importantly.....
I've got more time on my hands to catch up with my family, relatives and friends :)

No comments: