As footsteps started shuffling hurriedly, a cacophany of frenzied chatter soon broke the silence as the crowd walked along the corridors. An brief but amicable exchange of post-OSCE banter ensued then my peers parted ways, ending off with ''I'll see you later this afternoon at the pub. Later mate! ''
But oddly enough, it did not feel monumentious. It was'nt a fireworks in the sky, rainbow-coloured confetti, champagne bottle popping open moment. Instead, I felt an a surge of unrest somewhere deep within as I trudged my way home from the hospital. And an accompanying feeling of annoyance at myself for not completing several stations and not being able to spot the diagnosis as those 5 minutes ticked away.
To say the least, I was exhilarated that the ordeal was over. It took me 2 hours to fully recover from my state of stupor and feelings of emotional deflation, over a good meal and chat with some friends at Paperinos. I had this cheeseless pizza and soon enough, miss grumpy morphed into a hyper-excitable miss maniac. It is amazing what a bolus of glucose can do for you.
So what do medics do after their finals?
Good question.
I did not drink myself to death although I contemplated getting drunk many many times 3 weeks ago. Neither I did have one of those moods to glam up and go out to paint the town red. And my post-exam fantasy of dancing in a club with a complete random stranger, we'll just have to wait and see if that ever happens.
I stayed at home and cleaned up my Flat :D

2 comments:
Congrats =)
You might as well enjoy your freedom. On another note, for some reason I tend to clean up my room after I finish exams as well haha...
hey Nic!
how is it like to be back in Perth?
am enjoying my freedom whilst I can, but after a while I do feel this need to pursue smthg, like I need a new goal or smthg?!
Sounds insane, or could be a chinese thing. I signed myself up for another week of clinical attachment with a paediatric surgeon :P
Post a Comment