So final year has finally started. *Alarm bells ringing*
I often get this question: So how does it feel to (finally) be a 5th year?
Well, I always tell people that I still feel like a 1st-year (ok, maybe 3rd year). I can never sing enough of God's praises for allowing me to miraculously reach this milestone up the medical ladder.
Maybe He blinded my examiner's eyes to indiscreet moments whenever I faltered or messed up? Or maybe He made those questions predictable so I that could memorize and cough up an answer? I honestly don't know.
To answer this popular question:
A green horn. A slick actress trained to act as if she knows what she's pre-empting
A person in transit at a airport terminal awaiting his final destination
In many undiscovered ways and unexposed areas,I still feel inexperienced, incompetent and under-prepped for the big thing. Life hasn't been too particularly exciting, but for some odd and unexplained reason, I'm learning to adapt and enjoy the old life of getting back to the grind. Maybe its because I have not gotten back into the super-chao-mugger mode for so long! lol.
I don't know about you peeps out there, but I've often struggled to juggle many aspects of my life i.e God, my studies and relationships. Hmm, who said Girls can multi-task? Maybe micro-managing and handling small tasks at a time (for example, eating dinner watching tv and ironing clothes while sitting on the couch, and maybe replying a text message!) but definetely not macro-managing for me. Its hard, but if any girl out there can miraculously pull off a feat of being super well-balanced in life, I'd gladly take my hat of to salute her.
For myself, I often struggle to keep different aspects even and balanced. Its the same predictable pattern, i.e whenever I get intensely absorbed or consumed by one goal, it occasionally takes precedence over the others.
There will be days when I feel like all the energy, life and happiness has been sucked out of me. There will be days when I stare at my Bible, wondering if I should read more of His Word or watch more telly instead. There will also be those stay-at-home days when I confine myself like hermit to a cave instead of catching up with friends whom I hardly see.
Time is running short, so I'm forced to re-evaluate my priorities. Nonetheless, I'm trying (trying) hard not to lose the sight of the Bigger picture here :)
2 comments:
I'm the same as you. been thinking more about priorities in life, as an older guy now of 25!! haha!
dun worry big G, I'm sure you'll meet your future Mrs G when the time is right!
PS: Age is just a number. You could just fool everyone and say you're 21 (at heart);)
Post a Comment