Friday, July 30, 2010

it could be something new


It is certainly not too surprising for readers out there to guess that I've been labelled as a notoriously hard to please/impress princess/fuss-pot by my friends.
See previous blogpost: The Princess Syndrome

I have been asked by colleagues/friends countless number of times if there has been a lucky guy (or least any guy) in my life since my move back to Singapore.

Just in case you were fishing for a hopeful happy possibility of a yes? maybe?kinda?....an honest truthful honest answer would be not....yet. Hmm.

I've been in too many situations where I've dodged really friendly, smart, caring, nice great guys, most of them with whom there had been a existential twinge of attraction. In those sheer fleeting moments, I've nipped those opportunities in the bud along the lines somewhere (I have no idea how, but oddly I seem to be gifted in doing so) so much that I've pretty much stalled all the beginning possibilities of ''what-ifs'' and ''could-have-been''s during of the past few years of my life.

As a result of my own shyness (contrastingly, against my outer appearance of independent nonchalance and disregard for romance or trivial things), I have been.........(as my parents would have put it bluntly):

Left on the shelf....(gulp!)

Unlike the Straits Times infamous editor, Singapore's ''Bridget Jones''/'''Carrie Bradshaw'' Sumiko Tan, I had not plucked the balls to openly publicize my loneliness too often and too large-scale. Except in this post, readers might detect a slight unveiling of my inner yearning for a relationship/romantic sparkle. (I'm kinda suprised by my own boldness and lack of embarrassment . Heh.)

Sticking to my new resolution of ''Screwing What-ifs'' and going for the plunge every once in a while, I decided to take a few baby steps, not too radically different from my usual conventional dating principles.

Now please don't snort or laugh hysterically and taunt me for being too fastidious.

But imagine how incredibly queer it would be (especially for a goal orientated person like myself), to go out with another busy individual (in a profession you swore never to be acquainted with) you have barely only spoken 2 sentences with. A breed of a system/mindset, for which you've looked upon with much disdain and dislike. How utterly WEIRD.

I have not been blown away by the full sparkle of it at all, partly because I've not interacted much with this bloke enough to know him as more than a friend. Not saying that I'm not gonna give it a try. I'm still pretty impressed by his guts to ask a almost complete stranger out. Plus, Life's really too short to pass all your chances yeah?

I used to hate mushrooms growing up, but now I adore their strong musky taste.

Sometimes Life can play uncanny tricks on us eh?

3 comments:

~(_"_) said...

hahaha time to spill the beans

Michelle said...

patience my dear....but thats how I keep my blog readers anticipating for further updates...Heh

Oz said...

give him a chance but make him fight for you / pursue you!