Wednesday, September 23, 2009

2nd week of the ''Poor Houseman''

During the past 3 days, I have

-been scolded by 3 patient's relatives.,......
Boy singaporean patients really love to make noise and complain

-been scolded (again) by another Infectious Disease Consultant......
who probably thought I didnt understand basic simple English

-broken bad news to a patient's family that she has breast cancer with bone metastasis.......
only Consultants are allowed to do this in UK!

-been resuscitating patients with pulmonary edema (fluid overload in the lungs), grand-mal seizure (fit!), hypotensive (low BP) shock, an NSTEMI (heart attack) in my sick, really sick ward and subsequently cancelled on a few dinner dates :(

-got grilled about Von-Hippel Lindau syndrome during a Department staff unit meeting.......
and everyone else seemed to be very knowledgeable about it :(

-been eating free lunches......
paid by medical students who offer to buy takeaway for me :)

I must say though, Life has been interesting! :)

No comments: